With the step by step process that we have set in place to guide you and help to manage your upcoming new build project our goal is to make sure that you have a durable dwelling that safeguards you and contributes to optimal health and wellness without the stress of trying to figure it out all on your own and risking costly mistakes.
Our Conscious Construction Consulting for New Builds has been crafted to walk you and your team step by step through the process of building from the ground up and provide the guidance and quality control that you need to create a safe, healthy home.
We guide you on how your home can support your health using the research from Quantum Biology and on every project we are looking through the lens of building science and building biology to provide direction on how to build a home to prevent harmful exposures from water damaged building materials, chemicals, and EMFs.
We support you in creating a home that reduces your exposure to harmful toxins, all while increasing your exposure to health promoting materials and strategies that are akin with the rhythms of nature.
We are a highly engaged consultant that works with your team (builder, engineers, designers, IT/AV, and other consultants) to guide you on the wide array of things needed to create a safe space.
NOTE: If you’re looking for someone to design the bathroom for you, select all of the materials and put a vision board together showing a new aesthetic and/or new bathroom layout, then you’ll want to hear about our interior design packages!
What's the Process?
In this initial phase, where all of our consulting projects start, we will kick-off your healthy home project by doing an in depth review of wherever you’re at in the process so that we can begin to understand your project, climate, and goals. We will spend time putting together a comprehensive list of things that can be improved or done to achieve optimal home health and outline your unique critical path steps that will be followed throughout the life of the project.
HOW IT WORKS
- You will upload any project documents (floor plans, reports, vision board) to the shared client drive.
- We will spend time reviewing your project before our kick-off call.
- We will review room adjacencies for health and highlight must have design considerations to prevent mold, avoid chemicals, and reduce EMF exposure.
- We have calls to meet the team (if applicable) and discuss how we can best collaborate to support you in achieving your goals!
During this phase, we begin to deeply evaluate products, materials, and strategies for your project. We look at all building material finishes being used including exterior/interior finishes, lighting, and plumbing fixtures.
We work with your team to make sure your health is considered with each item being considered.
HOW IT WORKS
- We’ll weigh the pros and cons of different building materials.
- Review Finishes, Fixtures (lighting/plumbing), Furnishings (Appliances/furniture) for health.
- Review Lighting, Mechanical, and Plumbing strategies (if needed) to promote health.
- Strategies to reduce Electromagnetic exposure within the home.
- Review of how to implement various moisture management strategies.
As construction begins we continue guiding you and the team as you move through the process. We follow our lengthy list of checks and balances to make sure everything goes as planned. We provide the quality control needed to successfully implement all of the healthy home strategies discussed.
HOW IT WORKS
- Make updates based on changes that come up due to inability to get an item, pricing, etc. and questions that pop up on site by the builder or their subs.
- We guide the contractor through “best practices” for installs, inspections, cleaning, and protecting your home throughout construction.
- We follow-up with the Critical Path outline we created for your project during Schematic Design (SD) and keep an eye on the project and with the team to make sure they’re getting done according to plan to avoid costly mistakes down the road.
Schematic Design Phase 1
- Support with site selection, contractor vetting, and what you need to know before getting started with your new build
- Walking the GC to preventing water damaged building materials and other health promoting construction practices
- Kick-off call
- Introduction call with GC
- Design team call
- Electrical Review call
- Mechanical Review call
- Critical path roadmap formulation + team review
- Your Home Awakening (Everything you need to know to get your project started)
- Mechanical Team Guidelines
- Electrical Team Guidelines
- Design Team Guidelines
- Custom project coordination document outlining critical construction path for a healthy home
design development phase 2
- Calls with design team outlining specifics for
- We will review the desired floor plan or work with architect to plan room adjacencies for health
- Creating a healthy electro-climate
- Home lighting review strategies
- Healthy Water Strategies + Education
- Floor plan mark-ups and layout review
- (2) Conscious construction (materials) call
- We will do a thorough review of all building materials (and provide pre-vetted materials as desired)
- Conscious Construction Product Recommendation Guide
- Conscious Construction Building Guide
Contract Administration Phase 3
- Multiple check-ins with contractor/inspectors at each critical path item on custom checks and balances list (created in kick-off phase)
- Support with special inspections during and after construction
- Reviewing final finish/material orders and changes that arise
- (5) 60 minute question + answer calls (these will come up as the process moves forward)
- Support with moving into the home safely
- “The Awakened Homeowner” Your healthy home maintenance guide (lifetime access)
- Custom resources and guidance based on your unique project goals and needs.
- Inspection Guidelines
Final Project Pricing is estimated between $8,000-$12,000 depending on the size of your project and your individual needs
All projects are paid on an hourly basis and invoiced at the first of each month (You only pay for the hours of time spent each month)
Ready to get started? All projects begin with a “kick-off” call. Schedule your project today with a $2000 retainer that is applied to your invoice at the end of your project.
Still not sure this is right for you?
you want to see if we’re a good energy match?
Schedule a free clarity call where we can meet via ZOOM to see if we’re a good fit to work together on your upcoming project!