FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
interior design services FAQ
After we’ve had a Clarity Call to confirm we are a good fit, all interior design projects start with a paid ($500.00) 2-hour Zoom consultation (Visioning Session), where we’ll discuss the scope (vision and goals) for your project in great detail. From there, once we have a thorough understanding of what you need, then we will be able to provide you with an Estimate for the cost of our services. Together, we’ll determine which design service suits your needs best. Whether you’re building a new home, remodeling an existing home, furnishing your space, or looking for design advice, a Visioning Session is the perfect way to get started and is where every design project starts. This consultation allows you to ask questions and receive advice to all of your design dilemmas but it also gives us a thorough understanding of the scope of your project. Consider the Visioning Session your larger project kick-off meeting or a one time design consultation to gain clarity on your upcoming project.
All projects, no matter what size, start with a paid ($500.00) 2 hour Visioning Session.
- After we understand the scope of your project in more detail from our session, we will put together and Estimate of project costs.
- Full service interior design projects have a minimum cost of $3000.00.
- Interior Design Consulting services start at $500 (Visioning Session) and are based on an hourly rate of $150.00/hour.
- Our Full-Service Interior Design partnership begins when the client signs their Agreement and makes a 20% deposit on their total project estimate.
- After the deposit has been made the client journey often look like this:
- Client onboarding/Existing Conditions: We will schedule all of your project dates on our calendar to begin working on your project. Client will provide Awakening Spaces with any applicable drawings or files of the floor plan and provide dimensions, and photos of the space.
- Schematic Design: Awakening spaces will use this information as well as the notes from the Visioning Session to put together a existing background drawing to work off of. We will also gather inspiration images and start your project Finish Board.
- Design Development: Awakening spaces will put together a Finish Floor Plan, Elevations, 3D sketches, and Visioning Board to review with you on a Design Development zoom call. This is where we will present the design to you for your feedback. After the DD (Design Development) call we will make any changes or revisions needed based on your feed back.
- Construction Documents: Once the design is settled on, Awakening Spaces will provide you, the client, detailed drawings and specifications to your contractor. using the information gathered in the design stage, we detail and outline every last bit of the design so there’s not as many questions during construction.
- Contract Administration: If you choose, we can support you after the design drawings and specifications have been delivered. We can help you oversee your project while the contractors are working in your space. We work with your contractor and make changes as necessary to fit preferences, budget, and vision.
- Project Close Out: After the project is complete and the final invoice has been paid, you will receive The Awakened Homeowner; our complete homeowner maintenance guide and how to properly take care of your new space.
- Depending on project scope of your project, your client journey may look different, but this is a general outline for a Full-Service Interior Design Project.
The Construction Documents make sure everything is crystal clear on the plans so that there’s no question or confusion when construction begins. The final Construction Documents will shows where transition lines are between flooring and wall finishes, paint color locations, Floor finish and wall finish locations, Schedules calling out all of the product data so it can be easily ordered, new lighting fixtures are called out and shown in their locations, Plumbing fixtures are called out and shown in the locations where they need to go. The Construction Documents also show Elevations of tiled walls and shows where the tiles stops/ends and which tile to start at to make sure the patterns align, and tile heights, etc. The Construction documents allow you to easily look at the plans and know exactly where everything is going and how it is to be installed. This is huge in conveying your goals to the contractor so there aren’t as many questions when construction starts. We follow industry standards to easily convey information to your team.
Healthy Home Consultation FAQ
Healthy Home Consultation: This consultation is best for homeowner or renters who have a about 5 or so major, pressing questions that they need answers to. You will submit your questions in advance and we will walk through your answers on a 60 minute ZOOM session.
Whole Home Strategy Session: This session is intended for homeowners who are looking to improve the health of their home. After reviewing an in-depth questionnaire and evaluating photos of your home, we put together a risk assessment and go through it with you on during a 90 minute consultation.
Designer for a Day FAQ
- You will receive an email from us outlining the day’s agenda.
- The day will start with a project kick-off call.
- We will review your project Agenda together.
- We will begin to tackle your top 3 design dilemmas.
- We will send a mid-day update.
- Then we will have a final close-out meeting.
- You will be emailed all of the design documents and applicable resources at the end of the day.